The telephone dialling code for Cambridge is 01223 for calls within the UK, and +44 1223 for international calls. When dialling from within the University telephone network, the first "3" should be omitted, e.g. 34600 for the switchboard.
University of Cambridge
Roger Needham Building
7 J J Thomson Avenue
Cambridge CB3 0RB
- Director: Martin Bellamy (Martin.Bellamy@uis.cam.ac.uk)
- Deputy Director: Steve Kearsey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Director's Secretary: email@example.com
The Reception area located on the ground floor of the Roger Needham Building on the West Cambridge Site is open to personal callers 08:30-17:00 Monday-Friday - (3)34600, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Service Desk is located at both the Roger Needham Building and also the New Museums Site during Term.
It provides the first port of call for all enquiries about UIS services - (7)62999, email@example.com
- Course bookings - 334662, firstname.lastname@example.org. Book via http://training.csx.cam.ac.uk/ucs/Event-timetable
- Data Protection Act (DPA) registration:
For registering use on computers of personal data covered by the DPA - see the Service Desk (Help Desk).
- Domain name service (DNS) liaison - email@example.com
For amendments to TCP/IP hostname registrations, enquiries about DNS problems or configuration, etc.
- Electronic mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
For email enquiries (e.g. locating email addresses). NB Queries about using mail software should be directed to the Service Desk (Help Desk) (for Computing Service systems) or local computing support staff (for college/department systems).
- Resource allocation - 334680, email@example.com
For non-standard resource allocations on Computing Service systems, and central user registration enquiries.
- TCP/IP network address allocation - firstname.lastname@example.org
For registration (normally by department/college computing staff) of systems and other equipment using TCP/IP network protocols.
- User Administration - 334680, email@example.com
For user registration, resource applications, and general enquiries.
Last updated: July 2014