University Information Services provides a range of managed services to Institutions within the University. Some of these are charged services and the others are free. In general they offer benefits of scale and central expertise; institutions can choose to take advantage of any or all, as best fits with their IT systems and requirements.
Some of the services listed below are also available to groups (e.g. research groups) and to individuals.
- Google calendar with Raven authentication and calendars of University dates
- Desktop- central filestore, managed printers, application delivery, personal and group web pages
- Directory - web- and email-based online directory with delegated management of content
- Email services
- ePolicy Orchestrator - deploying and managing McAfee VirusScan on an institutions' managed systems.
- Hosted Servers - networked rackspace in a secure environment with redundant power, cooling, fire suppression
- IT consultancy - reviews and strategic advice, recruitment, induction and appraisal of staff
- Institution support service
- Managed Zone Service - Domain Name Services for academic web servers that are located in the cam.ac.uk domain but are known by non cam.ac.uk names. An MZS may also provide DNS entries for mail servers. This is a charged service.
- Network - end-to-end network connectivity: IPv4, IPv6 or raw fibre, installation services, wireless, DNS
- - institutional control of quicklinks and filtered searches, for web and directory searching
- Telephony - VoIP telephony with institutional call-logging and billing access
- Training Facilities - University training booking system for any course provider, bookable facilities, customised training courses
- Video (SMS) - recording, encoding, storing and streaming institutional video content
- Videoconferencing - fully equipped central facility, equipment hire, consultancy on institutional facilities
- Web services
Last updated: June 2015