Guides to computing services
A more general set of pointers to UIS computing and other facilities can be found in Information for Staff and students.
Computing Service accounts and passwords
- Applying for UIS accounts
- Your Cambridge username (CRSid)
- Collecting your passwords
- Cambridge email system (Hermes), email addresses
- Raven web authentication (access to Cambridge-restricted web resources)
- Desktop Services – public computer rooms (Managed Cluster Service), central file storage and backup, printing, web publishing
Other useful information
- Online security – protecting yourself against malware, phishing and viruses; advice about passwords and keeping your system up-to-date
- The Cambridge online directory (Lookup) – phone and email information for individuals and Departments
- Connecting your own computer to the University network
- IT training courses (almost all free of charge to staff and students)
- UIS Service Desk (support for UIS (Academic & Infrastructure) services)
Not found what you needed?
You can also find your way around this site by using:
- the search box (see top right)
- the UIS (Academic and Infrastructure) A-Z listing
- the Topic-based information
If you still can't find what you want, please tell us about it.