Computing facilities in Cambridge are provided by the University Computing Service, and also by individual Colleges and Departments. This page links to information you may need on arrival in Cambridge; a more general set of pointers to Computing Service and other facilities can be found from "Information for Staff and students". Printed leaflets for newcomers are widely distributed and also available in PDF format (one for staff and one for students).
Computing Service accounts and passwords
- Applying for UCS accounts
- Your Cambridge username (CRSid)
- Collecting your passwords
- The Cambridge email system (Hermes), email addresses
- Raven (for access to Cambridge-restricted web resources)
- Desktop Services - public computer rooms, central file storage and backup, printing, web publishing
Other useful information
- Protecting yourself - against malware, phishing, viruses; also advice about passwords and keeping your system up-to-date
- The Cambridge online directory (Lookup) - phone and email information for individuals and Departments
- Connecting your own computer to the University network
- IT training courses (almost all free of charge to staff and students)
- UCS Service Desk (for all queries about UCS-provded facilities)
Not found what you needed?
You can also find your way around this site by using
If you still can't find what you want, please tell us about it.