To maximize the productivity of teaching and research across the collegiate university.
The University Computing Service is committed to supporting the University of Cambridge's mission to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest international levels of excellence.
The University Computing Service has a significant impact on the work of our students and our teaching and research staff. All members of the UCS will strive to ensure:
- reliability: the services are reliable, so the minimum time is lost through service disruption
- performance: our services are world-class for our industry (e.g. the data network will support transfer rates necessary for world-class research)
- consultation: a broad range of users are consulted and listened to so that new services and service enhancements are appropriate
- fitness for purpose: our services meet the requirements of our users, both frequent and infrequent
- flexibility: services will permit individual departments, colleges and research groups to customize them to support their local needs, which are often not predictable from the centre