Useful links to various categories of information about the Computing Service:
- Information for New Users
- Information for Staff and Students
- Resources for IT Staff
- Information for Institutions and Groups
- Computing Service A-Z
Personal help for end users
- The primary source of individual help for end users is the Service Desk (mail firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 01223 (7)62999, or come to Computing Service Reception in person). See also
The links on the right of this page will take you to a number of areas of specialist support, both for end users and for technical staff.
Apart from the extensive documentation on these web pages, other sources of information include:
- Printed documentation available from Computing Reception (some material on these pages is also provided in printed form, and a small number of documents are only available in print).
- Computing Service News Service
- News Roundup, published four times a year, which summarises and links to articles published on the News Service in the last quarter
- User Libraries, at the main Computing Service sites provide Computing Service documentation
- IT training courses are available each term, free of charge, to staff and students. Some charged-for courses are also hosted by the Computing Service.
Last updated: September 2011