The University Computing Service has a license for some McAfee anti-virus products which are available free of charge to all students and staff of the University and Colleges. The license also allows for use on home machines. Once installed the products will automatically check for and download new anti-virus definitions daily.
Products are available for download from this page and the links on the left side of the page.
Current Product Levels For VirusScan Enterprise 8.8
Details of the current dat are also available here on the McAfee web site
Current Version for VirusScan : 8.8
You should uninstall any previous version of VirusScan if installing the full product or any other antivirus product before installing.
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 (pre-configured version, contains latest patches for VirusScan and McAfee agent - will install on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows).
- Patch 4 for Enterprise 8.8 is available here.
Macintoshes running OS X Lion, Mountain Lion Mavericks and Yosemite
For Macs running OS X 10.7 and later
- McAfee VirusScan for Mac 9.7
- McAfee VirusScan for Mac 9.7 Product Guide
- McAfee VirusScan for Mac 9.7 Release Notes
- McAfee Agent 4.8.0 Hotfix 974930
- For older Macs running previous versions of OS X please see further information on Macintosh Antivirus Software
Computer officers may be interested in the Managed Endpoint Protection Service, currently using McAfee ePO, to manage their systems
McAfee Product Usage
The University currently has a licence that covers a wide range of McAfee anti-virus products. For details on who can use the software downloadable from our webpages please see Who can use this software?.