If you believe you may have a new virus you should send any files to windows-support who will submit it to McAfee for analysis. For reference you should upload a sample to www.virustotal.com to see if any vendors are detecting it as malware.
If doesn't have any vendors detecting a file as malware but you are suspicious of it then send the file in a password protected zip file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When sending a virus sample you should include as much of the following information as possible:
- What symptoms cause you to think you have a virus
- Whether any products find the virus
- VirusScan details - Enterprise 8.8, DAT & Engine version
- Any relevant system details (including no of affected systems)
- Contact details
- A list of the contents of the zip file you have sent in.
You should attach any files to the email in a password protected zip file (select encrypt file to password protect on latest version of Winzip, the password should be "infected" (no speechmarks, all lower-case).
Additional information and tools can be found at:
If you are having problems doing submitting your sample then mail email@example.com